Cupping is available as a complimentary add-on to your massage session. You may request cupping on the intake form after scheduling your session.
Cupping therapy is an ancient form of alternative medicine in which a therapist puts special cups on your skin for a few minutes to create suction. People get it for many purposes, including to help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation and well-being, and as a type of deep-tissue massage.
Cupping therapy might be trendy now, but it’s not new. It dates back to ancient Egyptian, Chinese, and Middle Eastern cultures. One of the oldest medical textbooks in the world, the Ebers Papyrus, describes how the ancient Egyptians used cupping therapy in 1,550 B.C.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CUPPING?
- Flushes lactic acid & stagnant blood from acute & chronic contracted muscles
- Breaks up adhesions from frozen shoulder and rotator cuff tears
- Relieves pain from sciatica/ back pain, shin splints, whiplash, and other conditions
- Alleviates discomfort from respiratory conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, & emphysema
- Relief from cough & breaks up phlegm buildup in the lungs
- Reduces the chance of getting the common cold or flu
- Facilitates the flow of lymph, which helps remove bacteria & toxic substances from the body
- Effective pain relief from chronic joint rheumatism and arthritis
- Increases production of synovial fluids in the joints
- Dramatically breaks up scar tissue surrounding the joints
- Encourages a sufficient supply of nutrition to the tissues
- Encourages blood & lymph circulation to the tissues
- Increases secretion of digestive fluids & nutrition absorption
- Relieves chronic gastroenteritis disorders & colon blockages
- Stimulates the spinal nerves & the automatic nervous system
- Temporarily dissipates cellulite dimpling
- Smoothing the appearance of stretch marks